What is the new Symantec seal ?
Next year (April 2012), all Symantec site seals will automatically get a free upgrade to the Norton Secured Seal, combining the power of the Symantec Checkmark with the added value of the Norton name. Added-value components like visible company information, malware scan and seal in search will of course remain.
The combination of these leading companies and their globally recognised trust marks will help assure customers and visitors to your website that your site is safe— all the way from search engine, to browse, purchase and sign-in.
The renown Symantec site seal (that includes the Symantec ‘checkmark’ symbol), is already the most recognised trust mark on the Internet, and has always been. It will be combined with the leading name in ‘personal technology’ protection (that is consumer products like antivirus): Norton. Consumer tests by Symantec show that the new seal retains the high level of recognition and trust that Symantec seal owners value.
When we attended the 2011 Platinum Partner Roundtable, the plans for the new siteseal, and the results of Symantec’s exhaustive consumer research were very much top secret, however we can now reveal both. Symantec tested against existing Symantec seals as well as against other CA seals and the results are good news for our current – and future – Symantec/Symantec SSL clients.
In tests, consumers selected the Norton Secured Seal more often than any other competing trust seals:
- 77% of consumers recognise the Norton Secured Seal.
- 65% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal is “safe to browse and won’t give me a virus”.
- 55% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal means that “the website protects your online privacy”.
Impressive figures - checkmarks on the Internet (currently):
- Up to 650 million displays per day of the Symantec seal.
- Up to 7 million displays per day as part of the Symantec and Norton logos.
- Over 40 million desktops worldwide using Norton Safe Web see the Norton Secured Seal next to trusted website links in search results.
- Early adopters display the seal on their websites today.
Remember – no reinstallation or reapplication is needed. You don’t need to do anything to get this additional benefit. All Symantec seals will upgrade automatically, making the Norton Secured Seal instantly visible on more than 100,000 websites in 165 countries, including yours!
As a long standing Platinum Partner, SSL247 is proud to accompany Symantec with this evolution. For more information. Just call us on 1230-020-9274.